“Find meaning. Distinguish melancholy from sadness. Go out for a walk. It doesn’t have to be a romantic walk in the park, spring at its most spectacular moment, flowers and smells and outstanding poetical imagery smoothly transferring you into another world. It doesn’t have to be a walk during which you’ll have multiple life epiphanies and discover meanings no other brain ever managed to encounter. Do not be afraid of spending quality time by yourself. Find meaning or don’t find meaning but steal some time and give it freely and exclusively to your own self. Opt for privacy and solitude. That doesn’t make you antisocial or cause you to reject the rest of the world. But you need to breathe. And you need to be.” — Albert Camus, Notebooks, 1951-1959
Cross Out What Applies To You
Cross out what applies to you:
- I have/had piercings besides the ears.
- I want piercings besides the ears.
I have a scar.
I tan easily.
I wish my hair was a different color.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair color.
Ihave/ want a tattoo.
I can be self-conscious about my appearance.
- I have/had braces
I have more than two piercings.
Disney movies still make me cry sometimes.
I’ve laughed so hard I’ve cried.
I’ve glued my hand to something.
I’ve laughed until some kind of beverage came out of my nose
- I’ve had my pants rip in public.
I’ve touched something sharp/hot/etc to see if it would hurt.
- I’ve gotten stitches.
- I’ve broken or dislocated a bone.
- I’ve had my tonsils removed.
- I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed.
- I’ve had chicken pox.
I’ve been to Florida.
I’ve driven/ridden over 200 miles in one day.
I’ve been on a plane.
I’ve been to California
- I’ve been to Asia.
I’ve been to Niagara Falls.
- I’ve been to Vanuatu or the Mystery Islands.
- I’ve been to the Caribbean.
- I’ve been to Europe.
I’ve gotten lost in my city.
- I’ve seen a shooting star.
- I’ve wished on a shooting star.
- I’ve seen a meteor shower.
I’ve gone out in public in my pajamas.
- I’ve pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
I’ve slapped someone.
- I’ve kissed someone underwater.
I’ve chugged something.
I’ve crashed a car.
- I’ve been skiing.
- I’ve been in a musical.
- I’ve auditioned for something.
I’ve been on stage.
- I’ve caught a snowflake on my tongue.
- I’ve sat on a rooftop at night.
I’ve pranked someone.
I’ve ridden in a taxi.
Honesty / Crime
- I’ve been threatened to be arrested.
I’ve done something I promised someone I wouldn’t.
I’ve done something I promised myself I wouldn’t.
- I’ve snuck out.
I’ve lied about my whereabouts.
I’ve cheated while playing a game.
- I’ve been in a fist fight.
- I own over 5 rap CD’s.
I’m obsessed with anime/manga.
- I collected comic books.
I own a lot of makeup.
I own something from Pac Sun.
- I own something from The Gap.
- I own something I got on E-Bay.
- I own something from Abercrombie.
- I thrive on compliments.
- I thrive on hate.
- I can sing low key.
- I’ve stolen a tray from a fast food restaurant.
- I open up to others easily.
- I watch the news occasionally or always.
I don’t like to kill bugs.
I sing in the shower.
- I’m a morning person.
- I’m a sports fanatic.
I twirl my hair.
I care about grammar.
- I love to spam friends.
- I’ve copied more than 30 CD’s in a day.
I bake well.
I would wear pajamas to school.
- I like Martha Stewart.
I laugh at my own jokes.
- I eat fast food weekly.
I’ve not turned something in and still got an A in a certain class.
I can’t sleep if there’s a spider in the room.
I’m really ticklish.
I like white chocolate.
- I bite/used to bite my nails.
I’m good at remembering names.
I’m good at remembering dates.
- I have no idea what I want to do for the rest of my life.
- ..used to ask if I was anorexic/bulimic.
..called me fat.
- ..have said I’m skinny.
- ..have said I’m ugly.
..have said I’m pretty.
- ..have spread rumors about me.
..forced me to eat.
..say I eat too much.
- ..say I eat too little.
I’ve lost weight quickly.
I’ve gained weight quickly.
- I’m at my thinnest.
- I’m at my biggest.
I’ve lost weight and kept it off.
I’ve lost weight, but gained it back.
- My weight affects my mood.
- I diet.
- I’m vegan/vegetarian.
I exercise. Sometimes.
- I’ve fainted from exhaustion.
- I’ve sworn at my parents.
I’ve planned to run away from home before.
- I’ve run away from home.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
I want kids in the future.
- I’ve had kids.
- I’ve lost a child.
- I’m engaged.
- I’m married.
- I’ve gone on a blind date.
- I have/had a friend with benefits.
- I miss someone right now.
I have a fear of abandonment.
- I’ve gotten divorced.
I’ve had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back.
Someone has/had feelings for me when I didn’t have them back.
- I’ve told someone I loved them when I didn’t.
- I’ve told someone I didn’t love them when I did.
I’m a cuddler.
- I’ve been kissed in the rain.
- I’ve hugged a stranger.
- I’ve kissed a stranger.
- I regularly drink.
- I can’t swallow pills
I can swallow numerous pills at a time without difficulty.
- I’ve been diagnosed with depression at some point.
I have/had anxiety problems.
I shut others out when I’m upset.
- I don’t have anyone to talk to when I’m upset about something personal.
- I have taken/take anti-depressants.
I’ve slept an entire day before.
- I’ve plotted revenge.
“Breathe. It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.” — Johnny Depp (via enemaroberts)
- French Friend: well, the total cost of me going to Med school is about 406 a year -
- American Friend: THOUSAND?
- French Friend: Um, no. 406 Euro. It sounds a little high but it covers the cost of my textbooks, extra classes and most of my housing. How much is it for you?
“I am a dreamer. I know so little of real life that I just can’t help re-living such moments as these in my dreams, for such moments are something I have very rarely experienced. I am going to dream about you the whole night, the whole week, the whole year. I feel I know you so well that I couldn’t have known you better if we’d been friends for twenty years. You won’t fail me, will you?” — Fyodor Dostoyevsky, White Nights and Other Stories
Artist Turns Her Two Year Old’s Sketches Into Painting
attracted to men sexually, repelled by men emotionally
99 percent of the times i see a cat, i have to drop whatever the hell i’m doing and acknowledge that there’s a cat and say hi to the cat and walk up to the cat and try to pet the cat
Is this supernatural
how to make friends
I am both of them.
People make a lot of GIFs of Hannah videos…
the baby boomer culture: how an entire generation literally will not shut up about young people doing things they enjoy
The Divorce Culture: how an entire generation couldn’t keep it together, and forgot how to not project their insecurities onto children.
THe economic ruin culture: how an entire generation almost single handedly ruined the economy several times, but still tries to say trivial things that the younger generation does is ruining everything.